Barrier aqua bitumen
Rubberised bitumen waterproofing system
Barrier aqua bitumen is a polymer modified anionic bitumen emulsion, which is used to impregnate a suitable geofabric thus forming a continuous waterproofing membrane.
Barrier aqua bitumen can be used on all roof details (flat or pitched), fish ponds, water – features, water retaining structures and foundation walls.
Once completely dry the product becomes highly resistant to swelling or re-emulsification, a problem associated with other water based systems.
Not resistant to aromatic and aliphatic hydro-carbon solvents - diesel or petrol
|Brush, roller or spray
|1.0L/m2 (depending on surface porosity)
|110 -115 Krebbs units at 25 °C
|Water vapour permeability
|+/-3.5g/m2 /2hr /mm
|None, water based
|Water when wet. White spirits when dry
|Resistant to mild acid and alkali solutions. Not resistant to aromatic and aliphatic hydro-carbon solvents - diesel or petrol
|Chocolate brown when wet, black when dry
- Easy to apply
- Recommended for all tile & metal sheeting roofs
- Membrane free
- Versatile rubberised waterproofing compound
For water proofing of the following:
- Detail work & maintenance on torch on systems
- All roofing details – flat & pitched
- Fish ponds, water features & water-retaining structures (use a cementitious slurry as a primer)
- Tanking, foundations & planter boxes